Thursday, July 17, 2008

Balance

Thoughts are etched
on the canvas of the mind.
Dreams are painted
on the petals of the heart.

Too many thoughts and they
become trains of entangling twine.
Too many dreams and a
flowering heart can only
wilt with burden.

Yet given space thoughts
can trace the path of wisdom;
and dreams bring an aliveness
that lets our beings soar
to unknown heights.

What patterns of art
criss-cross my mind?
What flows this way
and that in my heart?

As I ask this question
drop by drop
my little cup of awareness
fills to overflowing;
new tracks are laid,
others untwine,
and still others
disappear.

Heavy emotions flow
not through my eyes,
but under the gravity of seeing
are consumed like a waterfall
into an endless canyon;
settling in the stillness
of a clear forest pool.

No comments: