Sunday, March 30, 2008

Home

Home

So funny how we
wonder here and there;
looking for this and that;
looking for a friend,
a lover, a home.

That which we look for
resides in us.
We carry our home with us
on all our journeys.

One day, tired, resting,
here it is.


Roughin’ It

However rough things get,
there is always someone
worse off than me.

However rough things get,
there is always someone
much worse off than me.

However rough things get,
there is always someone
much, much worse off than me.

Ah, how fortunate I am.


You

Make your self your church,
your temple, your mosque.
Make your actions
your religion.


Missionaries

Today as a quietly walked
in the grounds of a holy place,
a person came up and
told me of great things;
or should I rephrase that:
someone came up
and vomited on me.

After the altercation
they obviously felt better.
I thanked them,
wiped off the muck,
and left the holy place.

Ask yourself before you
share your joy and wisdom,
am I so full my love overflow,
or am I so empty I deeply need?

Do not take from those
you pretend to offer salvation,
for that is theft.

May you be your mission:
your presence, your overflowing love –
may people flock to your abundance,
rather then try and escape your vacuum.


Techno Traveller

I travel the world blinded
by a video camera stuck to my head.
Why you might ask?
Because there isn’t enough
on television when I get home.

Those who fixate on outer beauty
need to shed light on their inner darkness.
True vision sees the depth of the outer,
and reveals the beauty of the inner.

Our own perfect lens,
technology will never match,
even in eternity.


Source

There are those troubled souls
that are directed away from this world
by the sweet pictures
of the heavenly after-life.

However heaven is found hidden not beyond,
but rather beneath life’s trials and tribulations.
Those that attain do so by diving into life,
not be escaping from it.


Balance

There are those who obsess with the world;
they ignore the spirit and revel in decadence.
There are those who obsess with the spirit;
they ignore the world and revel in decadence.

To use the term moderation
is to temper an extreme;
to use the term balance,
is to reveal the other side:
balance.


The Master

The temple is empty,
bar the statues
and the worshippers;

Funny how no-one sees the light shining
from the begger outside the temple.
Even in our ignorance
we are touched by the divine.
Our prayers never go unheard,
nor unanswered.

If you happen to pass by the temple
in the quiet of late night,
you may just notice
the majesty of the beggar.


Hypocrisy

Modern psychology and psychotherapy
use mind as their weapon of choice:
mind posited against mind.
Admittedly it is ‘healthy’ mind
therapising neurotic mind.

However the healthy mind
is also the victim of neurosis.
It is not by coincidence
that this has occurred.

Mind is ultimately the problem:
mind has hijacked the soul;
so of course like to hijack the duty
of trying to liberate the soul.


The Feast

The desired creates desire.
Desire creates the desired.
On and on it goes until
the desire is immense,
and the desired is divine.

A castle is built out of bricks
with no mortar;
a mountain made
out of shifting sands.

I conquer the highest peak,
and wonder why I end up
beneath a pile of rubble.

I will build the illusion again,
but perhaps not so high.
However certainly I will climb,
and this time I will tread very carefully.
That was the problem last time.


Word-less

Words that sooth the soul
are less words and more balm;
are less mind and more heart.

No comments: